Finally! GPS Callaway uPro MX

Callaway uPro MX GPS
Callaway uPro MX GPS
I have been fighting the urge to return this thing since I bought it. I tried it once without the pro mode and I hated it. I already had a range finder and I ended up using it the entire round after about 3 to 4 holes of frustration.

Now that the website is up, I am actually loving this device. I spent yesterday evening (I did need web support from Norton to get the download going) getting my uPro set up and I finally got to use it today with the Pro Mode.

I actually love this GPS! I never used my range finder on the course today, except for the driving range. Everything advertised by the Callaway website is spot on. I am very happy with it. You might want to ignore the negative reviews listed below.


The bottom line:
1) Basic and Go Mode are a waste of money. If you plan on using this GPS without downloading the Pro Mode for the course then you are better off with a range finder.

2) Pro Mode with this GPS is superb. I'll keep my range finder to get distance to targets on the driving range, but this device makes my range finder obsolete on the course. It is 60 dollars to get unlimited Pro Mode courses for the life of the GPS so your total cost with be around 260$.

I hope this helps....

6/27 UPDATE:

-The website was up...for less than 1/2 a day. As I said, this device is useless without the pro mode. I will return this to the store if they don't get their act together. 5 free pro mode courses is a joke. I payed the 60$ to get unlimited pro mode courses. I downloaded the course on 6/17 that I was playing on 6/18 and I loved the device. After my round I went home to spend the afternoon of 6/18 downloading pro mode data for the other 40-50 courses I play. Guess what??? NO website and NO pro mode for me!!! What a complete waste of money this crap is. I mean come on people. This is more frustrating than when PlayStation Network went down!!!

Bottom Line: Callaway fix this mess in the next 7 days. If not, I'm returning this device to the store and I will never buy any product made from your company again.

I'm sure everyone else will also return this useless device when other models such as the Golf Buddy Platinum and the Garmin Approach G5 do everything the upro mx does. The only difference is their care enough about their customers to make sure the product works like it should.

6/28 UPDATE:

-The website is back up! This is too good to be true. I hope it is permanent. :)